JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application
Sometimes you might be facing the problem that JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application. It will be downloaded when you call the controller that renders your JSP page/file.
All we know, Spring Boot uses the embedded Tomcat Server which does not include JSP compiler jar, so the Spring Boot application failed to compile the JSP page/file into the servlet and page will be downloaded.
To resolve this problem, you need to add JSP compiler jar i.e. Tomcat Jasper in your Spring Boot application.
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId> <artifactId>tomcat-jasper</artifactId> <version>9.0.1</version> </dependency>
Choose an appropriate version of Tomcat Jasper matches with your application. Check out the MVN Repository.
- Spring Bean Life Cycle Management Example
- Spring Boot RESTful Web Service with JPA and MySQL
- Spring Boot RESTful Web Service Example
- Spring Boot + Activiti Example
- How to insert image in database using Spring MVC